- Interview with the number one ranked Kaggler (recommended)
- Jon Schwabish redesigns a table
- Fantastic explainer for copulas
- Interesting figure
The Economist writes:
Shipping a 70kg parcel from Shanghai to London with DHL Express takes three times longer, and costs four times as much, as buying a human of the same weight an airline ticket. The passenger gets a baggage allowance and free drinks, too.
- Bundesrechnungshof (German Federal Audit Office) laments (in German) the fact that Germany subsidizes the tabaco industry. On average, the 11,000 employees receive 600 cigarettes per month. This was introduced after World War One to reduce stealing by employees.
- German Empire and the 2007 Polish elections