- “John Coltrane – Alabama”
- “Is AI Riding a One-Trick Pony?” (through Kaiser Fung)
British Brexit Secretary, David Davis:
The assessment of that effect … is not as straightforward as many people think. And I’m not a fan of economic models, because they have all proven wrong. (link)
- “Consumer Inflation Uncertainty”
- “Why Are Some Good Old Ideas Buried in the History of Statistical Graphics?”
Instead of rushing to Software 2.0, lets view neural networks in proper context: they are models, not magic.
- Roman Cheplyaka: “Explained variance in PCA”
- Project-oriented workflow or how not to “SET YOUR COMPUTER ON FIRE 🔥.”
This past weekend, the biggest story on social media was not about a powerful man who had sexually assaulted someone, or something the president said on Twitter. Charmingly, as if we were all at a Paris salon in the 1920s, everyone had an opinion about a short story.
- Beautiful Testing (seen here)
- Sam Altman thinks he can speek more freely in Beijing than in San Francisco. And Tyler Cowen has a good explanation.